The Law Office of Stanley M. Dub continues to be the “Go-To” franchise law firm in the State of Ohio. Here is a partial list of the firm’s recent accomplishments:
Mr. Dub is an Adjunct Professor of Law at Case Western Reserve University Law School. He taught a course on Franchise Law in Fall of 2016 and is scheduled to repeat the course in Spring 2018. This is believed to be the first course on Franchise Law ever offered by an Ohio law school.
- We represented a number of franchisees wishing to terminate their franchises. In some cases, we helped them exit their systems without filing suit. In four cases we filed lawsuits, and two of these were settled with payments made to the client (two are still pending).
- We represented several franchisees that had been terminated by their franchisor. In some cases we got the decision reversed, and in other cases we were able to negotiate improvements in the terms of termination.
- We successfully assisted a motor vehicle dealer to resist termination of his Dealership Agreement.
- We helped a number of franchisees renew their franchise agreements and negotiate better terms from the franchisor than originally offered.
- We reviewed franchise document packages for a number of potential franchise buyers.
- We represented a national franchisee association.
- We helped several franchisees buy or sell a franchised business, buy or lease their real estate, or negotiate other agreements.
- We wrote franchise agreements and FDD’s for new franchisors, and prepared required annual revisions for existing franchisors. We obtained state registrations of these documents in some cases.
- We handled ongoing business law needs of several small franchisors.
- We consulted for existing franchisors regarding their disclosure law compliance and other issues.
- We represented existing franchisors involved in disputes with their franchisees, achieving resolutions without any lawsuits.